Most of the professional-grade software comes at a cost that, all most all the students in this world can’t afford, this is where GitHub Education comes into the picture. GitHub Education is an platform which offers students real-world experience with free access to various developer tools. So what all do you get for free in GitHub Education? There is a range of software and learning tools one can get for free with GitHub Education, a list has been linked here.
So now the question is how to get this Free Developer Pack? Well, there are few steps to it, along with a form that needs to be filled.
Step 1: First of all go to the following link: https://help.github.com/en/articles/applying-for-a-student-developer-pack
Step 2: Make sure you pass the following requirements:
- Be currently enrolled in a degree or diploma-granting course of studies such as a high school, secondary school, college, university, homeschool, or similar educational institution.
- Have a verifiable school-issued email address or upload documents that prove your current student status.(example- email@example.com)
- Have a GitHub user account.
- Be at least 13 years old.
- Documents that prove your current student status include a picture of your school ID, class schedule, transcript, and affiliation or enrollment verification letter.
- During your tenure as a student, you may be prompted to periodically re-verify your current academic status.
- Get your GitHub Student Developer Pack
Once your application is accepted you will be able to access the Developer Tools!